Commonwealth Legal Education Association (CLEA)
Aims and objectives:
The object of the Association is to advance education by fostering and promoting high standards of legal education in all Commonwealth countries. It does this by:
• Encouraging the provision of the facilities required to achieve high standards of legal education and research
• Networking between individuals, institutions, organisations and associations interested in legal education and research
• Assisting existing organisations and fostering the establishment of such bodies in appropriate circumstances
• Promoting and conducting research in the field of legal education
• Maintaining registers and publishing directories • Facilitating the exchange of students and researchers in the field of law
• Facilitating exchange of legal materials among institutions concerned with legal education and research
• Organising specialised, regional and general conferences of law teachers and others concerned with legal education and research
Commonwealth Moot; Commonwealth Student Essay Competition; Latimer House Toolkit Project; Cybercrime Initiative; biennial conference, UK, 2015; Magna Carta Project; and Commonwealth Law Lecture series.
Quarterly newsletter and the Journal of Commonwealth Legal Education.