Commonwealth Council for Educational Administration and Management (CCEAM)
Aims and objectives:
CCEAM is a non-governmental organisation established within the Commonwealth to serve professionals in educational administration, management and leadership. CCEAM aims to:
• Facilitate and disseminate knowledge
• Encourage high standards in the study, practice and preparation of educational administrators, managers and leaders
• Foster just and equitable programmes and participation in educational administration, management and leadership
• Foster close links, and organise and support international and regional co-operation
• Encourage globally the development of national associations for educational administration, management and leadership
Two-yearly conferences are organised by national affiliated organisations. Australia hosted 2010, Cyprus 2012 and Canada 2014. Fellowships are awarded on nomination at each conference. CCEAM board members and members lead a number of projects that connect communities around the Commonwealth and grow capacity in leadership and organisational reform.
CCEAM produces a refereed journal, International Studies in Educational Administration, and a regular membership newsletter, Managing Educational Matters.